HOME | TOOLKIT Info | SCREENER Info | SCREENER | EDUCATION | REFERRALS | SITE MAP | EVALUATION | LOGOUT
Definition | Factsheet | Talking Points | Testimonials | IF Positive | If Negative
Patient Health Questionnaire--PHQ-8
Date: (use MM/DD/YYYY) / /
(Check "a" only one box on each line to indicate your answer)
In the last 2 weeks, how often have you been bothered by any of the following problems?
Not at all Several Days More than Half the Days Nearly every Day
1. Little interest or pleasure in doing things [need revised wording]
2. Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless
3. Trouble falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much
4. Feeling tired or having little energy
5. Poor appetite or overeating
6. Feeling bad about yourself--or that you are a failure or have let yourself or your family down
7. Trouble concentrating on things, such as reading the newspaper or watching television
8. Moving or speaking so slowly that other people could have noticed?
Or the opposite--being so fidgety or restless that you have been moving around a lot more than usual.
(Healthcare professional: For interpretation of TOTAL, please refer to scoring information below)
+ + +
Totals will auto-calculate:
Source: Kroenke K, Spitzer RL. "The PHQ-9: A new depression diagnostic and severity measure." Psychiatric Annals 32 (9): 1-7, 2002. (PDF of article)
Interpretation of Total Score
For every a: Not at all = 0; Several days = 1; More than half the days = 2; Nearly every day = 3
None to Mild